How To Friendsgiving
Author Dorcas Olatunji
The Thanksgiving season is upon us! It’s a turkey-terrific time to connect with friends and family members on a special day (which should really be everyday) and say what we’re thankful for.
Thanksgiving break is a great time to de-stress, get comfortable, and stuff our faces with the people we love. However, the most important part is being thankful. Thanksgiving is an amazing time of year, and a great part of it is friendsgiving.
As stated by CSW junior Jackson Parsells, “[Friendsgiving] was so much more fun with friends and personable than [other] ‘real’ food-related get togethers.”
What is friendsgiving? Friendsgiving is just like Thanksgiving, but with your friends and by your friends. It’s another day of thankfulness, happy memories, and food <3. When is friendsgiving? It is usually on the weekend or some days before or after Thanksgiving.
According to CSW senior Hayley Jordan, “The whole night was just great. My friends are always good about bringing stuff and we always have so much fun together.”
Friendsgiving is for everyone and anyone: your old friends, your new friends, and the people you are thankful for. It is an incredible day to gather with friends to make a great time and devour food. Want to throw one? Here are some tips to have an amazing, unforgettable friendsgiving:
- Make it a potluck! Everyone can bring a dish to share. Not just one person should have to make the whole feast!
- Don’t forget the games! Examples include the “I’m thankful for…” game, Thanksgiving pictionary, a gratitude scavenger hunt, and turkey trivia—all the favorites.
- Serve in style using serving bowls and trays to reenact a homey feeling. Get fancy!
- Don’t just set the table, also set the mood! Use scented fall candles to make your guests feel more cozy and welcome.
- When all the food is eaten, turn on some music to get excited and spice things up.
As stated by Paige White, a CSW sophomore, “My first friendsgiving was great. I was happy to have all of my friends together at one time for the season.”
Friendsgiving is an easy and fun addition to the Thanksgiving season that will bring you and your friends closer together. From the games, TURKEY, and memories, friendsgiving makes a time that is memorable and worth gathering your friends for, adding another celebration to the season of thankfulness. Have a happy Thanksgiving and friendsgiving!